BBM9 Currently has a full roster of volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering for the 2019 event, we do collect names for alternate volunteers. If you purchase a run pass and then later get called to be a volunteer, we will refund the cost of your run pass.
Bears, Bikers & Mayhem is a 100% volunteer organization. Some of our volunteers work year round, planning and preparing. Others work in the weeks leading up to the event getting all the details taken care of. And many more work throughout the weekend to make sure the event goes smoothly and our guests have a great time.
Without the multitude of volunteers who support BBM, we would never be able to hold the event and raise money to support our beneficiaries.
Our volunteers, not only get to enjoy the weekend, but they also receive completely free run passes.
More information about volunteering and how to sign up follows. If you have any additional questions or want to volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator. VolunteerCoord@BearsBikerAndMayhem.com
Please note that there are a limited number of volunteer spots. Preference is given to past volunteers.
What is expected of you as a potential volunteer for BBM?
Please note this should not be considered a complete or exhausted list. It should help lay the foundation on what the weekend is all about for a volunteer.
- Volunteers work between 10-15 hours throughout the course of the weekend, generally in no more than 4 hours shifts. Average length of time is 12 hours total. This is subject to change but is a fairly accurate account from years past.
- Yes, sometimes your shift involves you working during a particular event you may have wanted to attend. That’s part of the tradeoff on volunteering instead of paying for a run package. But, the chance you are going to work all of the events you want to attend is minimal at best.
- Volunteering opportunities range from (and you do have an option to choose or not choose to do a particular type activity) working a virtual cash register for run participants to purchase beverage tickets to scanning participants for entry to events to building the after-hours play rooms or evening dance/ball rooms.
- It should be said that the earlier you can arrive onsite for the BBM weekend, the earlier I can schedule your volunteering time. For guys that like to do more of the event activities later on during the run, getting your volunteer duties done and over with early in the “game” can be advantageous. But, we do understand that work schedules may not permit you to arrive until the run is well underway. Those folks then are tasked with volunteer activities more towards the back end of the event.
- Volunteer run packages are a VIP “light” pass, which means volunteers are entitled to breakfasts, dinner on Saturday night and adult beverages in the after-hours rooms. Please note, as will be the policy of every run participants, no outside drinks are allowed in the after-hours rooms. You can take your drinks out, but you cannot bring them back in to the area. The only dinner volunteers are not entitled to for “free” is the Thursday evening dinner. If you are not working during that time, you can attend the dinner but you will have to pay for it.
- Volunteer run passes do not include a “comped” hotel room. You arrange for your hotel room directly once you receive a run pass order number. Volunteers who are scheduled to work on the Sunday after the run is completed can get late check out to allow you to finish your duties without worrying about checking out of your room. We will work on your behalf to alert the hotel staff of the names the volunteers that would need late check out. The hotel has always been very accommodating with this request.
- Leather attire is NOT a requirement for volunteers. You are provided a volunteer t-shirt that we require you to wear during your volunteering activities. Other than that, it’s suggested you dress the part when events are going on (I suspect your attendance at this past BBM gives you a clue as to what is typically worn), but it’s in NO WAY mandatory to have anything other than the volunteer t shirt.
If you are OK with what you have read so far, and you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerCoord@BearsBikersAndMayhem.com